April Road Trip: Packing, Style, and Sightseeing!


   Greetings everyone! :) Today I would like to share with you the reason I only posted once last week - the latter part of my week was spent on a trip out of town! We attended a conference held by a Bible college which features speakers on Creation science and end times, with an emphasis on the inerrant nature of God's word. Not only were we able to enjoy the conference, but also spent time seeing sights outdoors in the warm weather. 

   I will definitely show you my vacation outfits, but first there's something else I would like to include. Following are some pictures of what I packed and a few tips about planning outfits for going out of town. I don't know about you, but I actually enjoy packing my clothes...it's probably because of my fondness for fashion and categorizing. ;)


   So, I'll start with the "bottoms" that i packed. You see, I already knew that the weather for the area we were traveling to was predicted to be in the 80's, so I wanted to wear shorter skirts. Just in case we were going hiking, I packed shorts (far left). I also packed jeans, because there is always an element of unpredictability with weather. I always over pack. Most people prefer to consolidate, but my motto is "Be prepared".  Another important thing to consider when packing clothes is making sure that you bring tops and bottoms that go well together; you might want to mentally plan outfits.


   Next are the tops that I packed (the t-shirt that I wore on the way to our destination is not shown). Since the weather was going to be warm, I packed t-shirts instead of tops that I would need to layer. If I had something like a Halftee or Cami Secret, that might be different, but my goal here was to keep cool. When packing, I always bring extra items, because I know that a shirt might get dirty, wet, or stained, and I will want another. 


  Here are the layers that I packed. I brought two tanks, a cardigan, and a chambray top in case the weather ended up being cooler than what was expected. I ended up using the chambray shirt (and a jacket not pictured) on the drive there and when I needed to keep a bit warmer a couple of times.


   I packed three pairs of shoes. The flats were for general wearing around, the sneakers were for walking, and the sandals were there for any instance when the other shoes were too warm. As it turned out, I didn't end up needing the sandals. Oh, and in the background you can see Copper looking forlorn at my packing -he's pretty smart. ;)


   Last, but not least, are the accessories I brought. I packed a hat, two hairbands, a scarf, a necklace and a bracelet. Since my warm weather clothes are fairly unexciting, I like to add a little pizzazz to what I wear.

On to the outfits!


  This is what I wore on the first day of the trip. My floral skirt, green t-shirt and flats made a cute and simple traveling outfit. The lace headband adds some interest and makes my poor dehydrated hair look a bit better (it didn't like the climate). Those of you not familiar with California might be wondering what I'm standing in front of. It's actually a bridge that is a giant sundial! Another shot of it is at the top of my post. 


  On the second day of the trip I wore a purple t-shirt, denim skirt, and coordinating sneakers. For jewelry, I put on my trusty silver chain and pendants. It was another simple but feminine outfit that kept me cool and was serviceable for walking around outside. As you can see, we visited a small waterfall! 


   For the last day of our trip, I wore my favorite jeans, because I knew that we would be traveling into cooler weather. A graphic tee, flats, hairband, and silver necklace made up the rest of the outfit. The photograph was taken on one of our stops along the way home - isn't it a beautiful place with the sun shining through the leaves and dappling the meadow with spots of shadow and light? :D


   Well, I hope that you enjoyed seeing how I pack and what I wear out of town! Do you have any packing tips? Are you interested in Creation science and/or end times study? I like to hear your feedback! :)

"Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made the heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee."
~Nehemiah 9:6

Comments

  1. Aw...that looks like so much fun! Beautiful outfits, and I am sure you had a whole lot of fun! Looking forward to your next posts, Paige! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I love your outfits! I think the skirt in the first one is my favorite! It is adorable! I loved seeing what you packed! I am the same way, I like to be prepared which usually means over-packing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! :) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who overpacks. :D

      Delete
  3. This is such a great post, Paige! I always like seeing how others pack and what they wear to travel in. I too am an over-packer because I always want to be prepared for whatever may happen; sudden weather change, unexpected activities, spilling something on myself, etc. I tend to take more shirts than anything else as I am sorta' clumsy and spill stuff as I mentioned before. ;) Love your outfits they are cute, simple, modest, and stylish. Would love to see more photos from the trip!
    ~Sarah~
    http://allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I am interested in Creation science as I didn't learn much science from a Creation viewpoint...not something they tend to teach in public school. I will say though science isn't my favorite subject as I am more literary minded, but find learning about Creation very interesting!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Sarah! :) Yes, I understand about the clumsiness....I managed not to spill anything on myself on the trip though. Hurray! ;)
      I'm glad to hear that you're interested in Creation Science! It's something that I've been taught my whole life, but there's always new stuff to hear about.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink