Good afternoon, all! I hope that you have been having a superb week. I'm here to catch you up on what's been awkward and awesome about my week. :)
* Walking into a room to get something, coming out with something completely different, and having to go back for the original item.
* Thinking that I left the beach unscathed by sunburn, then several hours later finding four places that got burnt.
* Wading in the water with Mom and a friend at aforesaid beach, when suddenly a wave comes up, and we run away, and I become far wetter than I had intended.
* Tripping on my maxi skirt, then bumping my wrist on the corner of the wall, proceeding to get a tingly sensation from hitting a nerve.
* Scraping my wrist on the teeth of a box of plastic wrap.
* Having a desk so piled up with art-related things that it is never actually used as a surface for creating artwork.
* Helping my parents celebrate their anniversary by going to brunch with them and taking photographs on a country road under a brilliant blue sky (see above photo!).
*Attending a party on the beach, and seeing the sunshine - even if it did burn me, at least it dried me off after the wave escapade ;) !
* Participating in the 3 Day Button-Down challenge.
* Eating treats high in processed sugar. ;)
* Rubbing behind the dog's ear (why do these things always include him!?), causing him to do his happy grunt higher and higher every time, as if he's going up the musical scale.
* Finally getting around to cleaning the desk piled high with art.
To be honest, these outfit pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago. There were more interesting things to post in the meantime, however (why do I feel like I've said that before? ;). Showcased here is one of my recent thrift store finds, a short sleeved brown cardigan. This cozy little number has a hood, tie for the waist, and delicate knit pattern on its lower half. Though not something I would normally buy, I decided to give it a try and ended up liking it!
Here, I styled it with a long-sleeved tee, jeans, and my brown boots. This look almost has the air of being inspired by Robin Hood or some other medieval person. The purple t-shirt adds some bright color to the otherwise neutral toned outfit.
Cardigan ~ Consignment Store; T-shirt ~ Thrifted; Jeans ~ Thrifted; Boots ~ Ross
So, does my outfit remind you of a medieval woods person? How would you style my new cardi? :)
"The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. For he hath founded it upon the seas,
and established it upon the floods."
~ Psalm 24:1-2