Happy midweek to you, lovely ladies! Today's ensemble was worn on a day when Mom and I both decided to look French - it was totally unplanned! We spent the afternoon out in a coastal town not far from our own. I brought my camera and we did a quick photo shoot at the beginning of a nature trail. As it turned out, some of my favorite outfit photos of all time were the product! :)
My outfit was built around a "new to me" dress that Mom handed down to me to wear for its last few good days. Stripes are one of my favorite fashion statements ever, and I like the slightly nautical air of this dress. Picking up the dark blue in the dress, I added a navy cardigan. A few dashes of purple, including a big scarf, lent their bright colors and warmth.
Dress ~ Consignment or thrift; Cardigan ~ Target; Camisole ~ Thrifted; Tights ~ Target;
Boots ~ Ross
Mom's ensemble also included some darling stripes. Hers were a cheery orange on a chunky knit sweater. Though her jeans and flats were comfortably casual, her velvet jacket added a classy touch. Her outfit was perfect for sipping coffee at a cafe, then going out to an evening movie, which is exactly what we did that day. :)
Sweater ~ Thrifted; Jeans ~ Thrifted; Jacket ~ Bought from friend; Shoes ~ Thrifted
Now for the awkward and awesome of my week!
* Adding an entire can (three cups) of pumpkin to a recipe that called for one cup.
* Having a night without a good sleep, dozing on and off, drifting in and out of really bizarre dreams.
* Burning my hand on the inside of the toaster oven door.
* Swiping my bangs the opposite way than they're actually parted after taking several photos...am I starting to think like a mirror?
* Discovering a great place to photograph portraits in our house (not that I need to take a lot of "studio" portraits at this point! ).
* Having a crazy game of croquet with friends on Sunday (yes, croquet can be crazy) and winning by "killing off" someone! It was quite fun. ;)
* Making banana bread.
* Finally ironing out details for the act my BFF and I are doing for a variety show.
The flowers in the photos above are absolutely lovely. There is a verse in the scripture that reminds me of both clothing and flowers. Being into fashion, I have far more clothes than I actually need, so it's not something that I generally worry about. However, I do worry about things, and this is a good reminder that God provides all that He knows we need.
" Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."